Coronavirus (COVID-19) Serology (Antibody) Tests FAQ
- Can I have antibodies if I did not have any symptoms of COVID-19?
- Can my antibody value change over time?
- My antibody value is low. Should I get retested to see if my result will change?
- Am I immune if I tested positive for antibodies?
- If I had more severe symptoms of COVID-19, does that mean I have a higher antibody level?
- If I had high antibody levels, does that mean I’m better protected against COVID-19?
- If I have antibodies, am I a good candidate for donating plasma?
- Based on the results of my antibody test, do I need to continue social distancing and/or wearing a mask? Can I visit someone who is at risk for severe symptoms of the virus?
- Can a COVID-19 antibody test tell me when I can visit someone who is at risk for severe symptoms of the virus?